How do you reach deep within yourself and achieve inner peace? For those who practice religion or otherwise, there are concrete steps that will be of great use.
1. Recognize the Supreme Power. There’s a Higher Being that’s more powerful than your mortal self. The sooner you realize the humbler you will become.
2. Put more love into the world. Instead of being hateful and critical, why don’t you take a step towards being more loving and kind?
3. Allot a portion of your time for reflection and contemplation. Whether it’s by walking or by meditating, set aside time—around 20 minutes—to reflect and be one with yourself.
4. Be a more accepting person. This is the first step to being a more graceful person and, ultimately, a kinder one.
5. Learn to forgive. For one reason or another, you may be bound by feelings of resentment and anger. Forgiving is the first step to letting it all go and being the better person.
6. Recognize your mistakes. Admit where you yourself have been wrong, and be willing to be corrected. This step makes you responsible.
7. Try to see the good in others. When you’re tempted to judge someone, make an effort to see their goodness. Your willingness to look for the best in people will subconsciously bring it forth. This step makes you positive.
8. Take stock of your thoughts and behavior. Each night ask yourself, when were you negative when you could have been positive? When did you withhold love when you might have given it? When did you play a neurotic game instead of behaving in a powerful way? Use this process to self-correct. This step makes you grow. (Read morehere)
9. Pray for the world. You will find that that you will feel better by praying not just for your own sake, but also for the world. It will make you, ultimately, a better person.
10. Take every opportunity to be the best of yourself. Rise above the difficulties of every situation and try to come out as a better person.